Buckwheat CrepesPosted: May 15, 2011
Have you ever had a strange craving for crepes? My brother and I were experiencing that craving yesterday so we whipped up some sweet and savoury buckwheat crepes.
Here’s how we made crepes (recipe adapted from The Joy of Cooking Cookbook):
1/3 cup buckwheat flour
1/2 cup all purpose four
2/3 cup milk (we used goat milk)
1/2 cup water
2 large eggs
1 tbsp canola oil
1/2 tsp salt
1. Whisk all ingredients together in a bowl and let rest for five minutes.
2. Melt butter in a pan on medium heat.
3. Pour 1/4 cup os batter onto the pan and turn the pan to allow batter to evenly spread across the pan.
4. Allow crepe to cook until top looks waxy, then flip and cook other side.
5. Fill with ingredient of choice.
For a savoury crepe:
Saute some mushrooms, garlic and spinach and crumble feta over top before folding crepe.
For a sweet crepe:
Spread on some almond or peanut butter and add some sliced apple and maple syrup. Another delicious combo is Nutella and banana.