When-a-banana-dated-a-walnut muffins [Vegan]Posted: June 15, 2011
Ivy’s camera is BACK! Yesssssss.
Overripe bananas always excite me because this means creative recipes with bananas. I like to call it kitchen matchmaking. I thought banana and walnut would make a good match, so I set them up on a date.
Here’s how to set up some lonely ingredients on a hot date:
Adapted from the Eat, drink, and be vegan cookbook.
Makes 12 muffins
1/2 cup and bit more soy milk
2 tbsp flax meal
1 cup spelt flour
1 cup ground oats
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp allspice
1 tsp cinnamon
2 tsp baking powder
3/4 tsp baking soda
2 1/2 bananas mashed about 1 cup (reserve the other half for topping)
1/4 cup maple syrup
2 tsp vanilla
2 tbsp olive oil (or canola)
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Mix milk and flax meal and set aside.
2. Mix flour, oats, sugar, and spices.
3. In the flax-milk mixture stir in bananas, maple syrup, vanilla, and oil.
4. Combine wet and dry ingredients but try not to over mix.
5. Place in muffin tray and top with remaining banana slices. Bake for 25 minutes.