Vegan Thumbprints (better than Whole Foods)Posted: November 20, 2011
I have a confession to make, I LOVE the vegan thumbprints from Whole Foods. Another confession: I also LOVE the cheap and dirty sushi place in the UBC village…no extra charge for brown rice and they roll your sushi with a machine! How can you not love that? Anyways that’s a different story. Back to vegan thumbprints. They are delicious and I made them so here’s how to do it:
Vegan Thumbprints (adapted from here):
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Grind up almonds and oats coarsely in a coffee grinder.
2. Place all dry ingredients in a bowl and slowly mix in oil and maple syrup.
3. Form into small-ish balls on baking sheet and poke an indent in the centre.
4. Fill the indents with jam. Bake for about 15 minutes until golden brown.
5. Allow to cool (this is important because they are a little crumbly when they first come out).
P.s. It is best to use homemade jam in this recipe. I used the jam my mum and I made from the summer raspberry crop.