Raspberry Oat SconesPosted: January 31, 2015
Grad school. That is all I have to say about why I haven’t posted here in a while.
I have been up to some tasty and healthy cooking experiments lately including some amazing smoothies so I hope to show up here more often to share my recipes with you.
This morning I made these delicious scones and I couldn’t resist sharing.
Raspberry Oat Scones adapted from foodess.com
1 cup whole wheat flour
1 cup all purpose flour
1/3 cup of organic granulated cane sugar
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup large flake rolled oats
1/2 cup cold butter cut into small cubes
1 large egg
1/2 cup almond milk
1 generous cup of frozen raspberries
1. Preheat oven to 400F. Mix together flour, sugar baking soda, salt and oats.
2. Add in cold butter and work with your hands until butter is well integrated in the flour. Add raspberries.
3. Beat together egg and milk and pour over dry mixture. Fold gently with a wooden spoon.
4. Work with your hands until there are no longer any flour pockets and dough is relatively consistent. Try not to over work the dough here. Scoop out the dough into the desired scone size onto a baking sheet with parchment paper. Note that the baked scone will be roughly the same size as your dough ball- the dough doesn’t expand very much in the oven.
5. Bake for 22 minutes or until tops and bottoms of the scones are golden brown. Enjoy!