Summer is here and so are the summer veggies! This recipe will make you want to fire up your oven even in this summer heat! I stumbled across this recipe while trying to get out of my “raw cabbage salad” rut. It is best enjoyed a few minutes out of the oven when its all crispy.
Salt and Pepper Roasted Cabbage
1/2 head of green cabbage
1 tbsp olive oil
sprinkle of salt and pepper
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Slice cabbage into thin wedges about 2 cm thick.
2. Place wedges on a baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil rubbing it into the leaves. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
3. Bake for 15-20 minutes flipping half way through. Adjust baking time to ensure that the leaves are golden brown on both sides.
I learned a few things while creating this blog entry. 1. That I would make a horrible hand model. and 2. That I LOVE dill!
I don’t usually purchase dill on a regular basis but today was my first City Beet Farm CSA pick up and dill was on the list of veggies for me to pick up. I immediately rushed home feeling inspired and overwhelmed thinking of all the possible recipes I could make with the various vegetables. I zeroed in on dill for some reason and ran with it. Here is what I came up with. I had a little help from my fave vegan food blog Oh She Glows for recipe inspiration.
Creamy Vegan Dill Dressing
3 tbsp tahini
1/2 garlic scape or 1 garlic clove or more if you’re a garlic lover
2 tbsp juice from lemon
1 tbsp apple cider vinegar (if you don’t have this you can sub for lemon juice)
3 tbsp water
1 tbsp olive oil
3 tbsp nutritional yeast
1 tsp salt
1/4 cup fresh dill
1. Throw all ingredients in a food pro or magic bullet.
2. Blend until smooth. Adding more water if you find that it is thick. Enjoy!